Software Engineer (Front-End)
Interested in defining how AI shapes the future of work? Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster and 10x better. Cresta is focused on using AI to help the workforce, not replace them. Cresta uses our patented Expertise AI to uncover expert insights form every conversation and put those insights into action with real-time coaching during customer conversations.
We’re growing fast! Spun out of the Stanford AI lab and chaired by Google-X founder Sebastian Thrun, Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300%! We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, and top-tier investors and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, Adobe, and Dropbox and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few. We have huge ambitions and are looking for stellar candidates who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are excited to use cutting-edge AI to solve real-world business problems.
As one of the first front end engineers at Cresta, you’ll have a huge impact on our product and direction. You’ll be working with our product team to craft great user experiences around the magic our AI creates. We are open to remote employees.
You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue projects they find interesting.
What You'll Do:
- Play a substantial role in shaping our front end culture
- Build the user interaction for a machine learning platform and features that assist our users with real-time suggestions
- Teach & mentor junior developers
- Have technical ownership of one or more of our products, with the autonomy and trust to make significant technical decisions
- Be a subject matter expert on our business logic, architecture, and the core tech in our stack (GraphQL , React, TypeScript, Apollo)
- Demonstrate best practices in your code, and uphold them in your code reviews
- Work closely with Customers to understand requirements and advise on technical trade-offs
- Use your voice to advocate for the culture (engineering or otherwise) that you think our company ought to have
What We Look For:
- A commitment to sound technical decisions and code quality, tempered with a bias for shipping as often as possible
- Experience shipping web apps with modern tools like React.js, Redux, GraphQL, Webpack and Node.js
- A knack for distilling complex, nebulous problems down to their key elements
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you're being challenged
- A fierce commitment to the professional development of those junior to you
- A mind adventurous enough to have wild ideas, but pragmatic enough to know when to pursue them
- A systematic process for solving problems, with a commitment to continually improving that process
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner every day
- 401(k) plan