Full-Stack Software Engineer (Toronto)
Toronto (Remote) /
Are you interested in defining how Generative AI will shape the future of work?
We are a Silicon Valley Series C startup, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more. Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300% and became officially a Unicorn. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, Holiday Inn, and Dropbox and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
We are growing our engineering team in Toronto. Join us to develop great products in an exceptional strong team.
Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations using our patented real-time coaching platform. We provide dynamic, live guidance to every agent based on the best practices of the top performers.
As a backend-focused full-stack software engineer, you will have the options to work on different products at Cresta. Cresta Studio, the one-stop-shop for call analysis, building, evaluating, and deploying conversational AI models. Cresta Opera, the no-code AI command center for contact centers. Cresta Platform, the core engineering platform that enables all Cresta features. The products leverage the latest LLM and GPT technologies to build differentiated product suite.
You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue individual projects.
What you will do:
- Work with the product manager to define and detail the product requirements
- Define software architecture and design matching the requirements
- Write and push high-quality code efficiently for both the frontend and backend
- Apply synchronous and asynchronous design patterns
- Scale distributed applications
- Build exciting products in which ML/AI is applied at the core as a major differentiator for the product. You’ll work closely with ML engineers on such features (you do not need to be an ML engineer yourself; we do not expect any experience with ML)
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve general engineering productivity
- Integrate with various tools for CI/CD, test automation, monitoring, logging, documentation
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
What we look for:
- Intermediate to senior level engineers who expect rapid growth.
- Various published projects (intermediate) or 5+ years of relevant work experience (senior).
- Comfortable defining and building robust APIs with a strong understanding for different protocols like Websockets, REST, RPC frameworks, etc.
- Experience with database schema design and an understanding of query performance that translates to performant, scalable, and reactive products.
- Understanding of the modern front-end ecosystem and experience applying frameworks/tools (React.js, Webpack, and Node.js) and patterns to complex, production web applications.
- Deep appreciation for building applications with observability as a first-class principle and familiarity with application performance monitoring.
- Preferably extensive experience coding in Go for backend and TypeScript for frontend.
- Great communication skills.
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you're being challenged.
- Be comfortable with Cresta tech stack (either already familiar with or can learn very quickly): Golang, Python, Typescript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Temporal.