Work Student - Front-End Software Development (Berlin)
Are you a computer science student and want to improve your software engineering skills and learn from the best software engineers? And you also want to earn reasonable money? Then you should join the Cresta.ai engineering team in Berlin.
Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations using our patented real-time coaching platform. We provide dynamic, live guidance to every agent based on the best practices of the top performers.
Cresta is a Silicon Valley startup that was 2020 spun out of the Stanford AI lab. We are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, who is the most successful German in Silicon Valley (co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more). We’ve assembled a world-class team of software engineers, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and Tiger Global. With our recent funding round, we have a company value of $1.6bn - so we are officially a Unicorn!
We have engineering offices in Silicon Valley, Berlin, and Toronto. We are a team of exceptional software engineers that previously made an impact at other tech companies such as Google, Meta, Amazon or that have founded their own startup or that are just extremely talented and skilled in software engineering. If you are talented, have coded your own projects before and now want to get to the next level in a great team, then Cresta is your place.
You will join the team that owns two of our Cresta flagship products: The application that gives call center managers deep insights into millions of customer conversations as well as the chatbot that serves many support cases without the need of a human agent. You will have the chance to work on research side projects or contribute to the production code of our front-end.
What You'll Do:
- Have full ownership and responsibility of mission-critical features from design to delivery
- Be the main point of contact for these features and take part in relevant UI/UX discussions
- Take care of both front-end and back-end development (focus on front-end)
- Integrate with various tools for CI/CD, testing, monitoring, logging, documentation
- Actively engage in team meetings discussing our tech stack and architecture
- Optionally identify and leverage opportunities to improve general engineering productivity
What We Look For:
- A student currently enrolled in either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- You are studying and living in Berlin and can work onsite in our inspiring Berlin office
- Some experience with backend languages such as Go or Python
- An understanding of the modern front-end ecosystem (React is a plus)
- Experience with database schema design and an understanding of query performance that
- translates to performant, scalable, and reactive products
- Being able to showcase some projects you have worked on: university projects or open-source work
- Great communication skills
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you're being challenged
- The ability to (at least partially) work from our office in Berlin
If you love a challenge, want to make an impact with an amazing product, and love to work with other exceptional engineers, then you should join us. We pay an attractive hourly rate. We expect that you will work most of the time from our office in Berlin-Mitte.