Managing Director, Originations (Chicago & Midwest US)
Chicago, IL /
Opportunistic and Direct Lending /
Crestline Investors, Inc., founded in 1997 and based in Fort Worth, Texas, is an institutional alternative investment management firm. Crestline specializes in credit and opportunistic investments, including financing and restructuring solutions for mature private equity funds. In addition, the firm manages a multi-PM equity market-neutral hedge fund, and provides beta and hedging solutions for institutional clients. The company maintains affiliate offices in New York City, London, Toronto and Tokyo.
Crestline Investors is looking for a Managing Director – Originations to cover Chicago and the Midwest US market. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in originating middle and lower-middle-market credit facilities into primarily sponsor-backed transactions in the Midwest. The ideal candidate will be based in the Midwest, with a preference for Chicago. S/he should be comfortable covering a variety of industries but should have strong familiarity with the technology, business service and/or healthcare sectors. This position will be the first Midwest based origination professional, complimenting Crestline’s current U.S. direct lending and opportunistic investing office locations in Ft. Worth, Texas and New York City. As a result, this individual should be comfortable operating in a satellite environment (i.e. self-starter, independent) and bring strong existing sponsor and intermediary relationships.
- Originate new investment opportunities into primarily sponsor-led buyouts, refinancings, recapitalizations, and add-ons
- Player / Coach – able to lead but also assist in the underwriting process – coordinating due diligence, investment committee, documentation, negotiation, & closing of investment opportunities
- Manage existing and newly originated loan facilities through to return of principal
- Strong relationships with middle and lower-middle-market private equity sponsors and intermediaries
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred deal structuring experience in middle market, leveraged cash flow, enterprise value
- Credit trained, including loan / legal documentation experience.
- Strong financial analysis, research and business due diligence skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationships
- Familiarity / exposure to special situation investing a plus
- MBA from a top tier business school preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills