Production Welder - Day Shift
Pineville, Louisiana /
DIS-TRAN Steel – Welding and Fitting /
Come join our team at DIS-TRAN Steel!
Our people – not our machinery - are our biggest assets. DIS-TRAN Steel’s leadership team lives by our company values, modeling our culture of respect and integrity each day. We're a team that likes to have fun, but we also know how to get stuff done.
DIS-TRAN Steel, located in Pineville, LA, is looking for experienced Production Welders to join our team on Days.
The Production Welder must be capable of performing all welds needed on our structures and must understand instructions given in regard to the welds. This individual must be able to perform duties with speed and accuracy in order to produce a quality product and keep a steady flow through the facility. This position will frequently use calculating skills, by tape measure or other device. This position will use other moving machinery or equipment, including cranes, in order to manipulate steel structures.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits.
- Positions, aligns, and welds parts to form complete structures, following blueprints and layout specifications, using machinery, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Examines steel or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Moves parts safely into position; manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Produces complete joint penetration welds that meet visual and ultrasonic inspection.
- Capable of reading and understanding welding symbols.
- Prepares all joints as required by AWS D1.1 structural steel welding code.
- Welds components in flat position.
- Operates manual welding equipment to fuse metal parts using the gas metal arc process.
- Cleans and repairs welds with grinders, arc gougers, other equipment, and methods common to she welding trade.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures with weld gauges to ensure conformance with specifications and standard operating procedures.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PRODUCTION WELDER
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and read a tape measure required.
- Welding certification or prior welding experience with the successful passing of DIS-TRAN Steel’s Welder II test is required.
- Capable of producing complete joint penetration welds that meet all visual and ultrasonic inspection per AWS D1.1 structural steel welding code.
- Ability to produce high quality welds in all applications, with various material types; makes all welds neatly and consistently; ability to weld within weld procedure is required.
- Ability to use standard set of weld gauges is required.
- Ability to properly set, maintain, and troubleshoot welding equipment is required.
- Capable of reading and understanding welding symbols and preparing all joints as required; GMAW experience required.
- Certifications or prior experience using moving machinery, such as cranes, preferred.
- Production speeds exceed training / learning pace and often looks for improvement in processes.
As strategists, operational experts, customer advocates and team players, we all believe in the power of our people. Explore how you can become a part of our team of strength and commitment that's built to last!
DIS-TRAN Steel is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
DIS-TRAN Steel is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request information regarding reasonable accommodation, contact your Human Resource Business Partner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Part of the CREST INDUSTRIES family of companies.