As an early product design hire, you will have a huge impact both for our users and our culture. This includes everything from building statistics dashboards to interviewing users and identifying pain points. We believe in making product decisions based on data—both qualitative and quantitative. If you love identifying problems, sizing opportunities, optimizing funnels, and take pride in work that is clean & delightful, then you would love to work with us.
You will report to the CEO/co-founder, who will be your advisor—but not your product manager. You will collaborate with your coworkers and reach out to users to set your product priorities. As the lead researcher, data-gatherer, wireframe-maker, and question asker, you will be expected to exercise your judgment and intelligence to determine both why and how we build products. You will share your work early and often, gather feedback from all sources (including engineering leads), and ultimately make the right choice for our users, without compromise. During the final stage of product design, you will add polish and delight to the UI, then collaborate with engineering and marketing to make sure your vision is realized.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing conceptual ideas and turning them into useful and simple products for our users and their teams.
- Contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, engineers, sales reps and executives in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Working with and developing a strong product team. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating design time and engineering time accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guiding the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Collaborating cross-functionally with sales, customer support, marketing, and engineering to ensure a smooth product development process
- Recruiting new designers and actively participating in the hiring process
- Communication skills
- Experience with programming language
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Experience building and shipping applications to millions of users
- Portfolio featuring strong examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience and expertise in high-level product strategy
- 2+ years of mobile app design
- 2+ years of visual design
- 2+ years of interaction design
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc)
Founded in 2015 by Danny Leffel and Broc Miramontes, Crew is a communications app that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives companies and frontline employees a new way to communicate, stay engaged and be more successful. Unlike collaboration software that has evolved around the needs of office workers, Crew is the first communications app designed specifically for the millions of workers who don’t have ready access to effective communication technology on the job. From store clerks, restaurant managers, coaches, to pharmacists, nurses, and first responders, thousands of teams across every industry use Crew to help their businesses and organizations run more smoothly.
Crew has raised $24.9 million from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.