Senior Back End Engineer
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and creative engineers to build features and scale our real time communication system back end.
* 5+ years of software development experience, ideally using Java or Python.
* Strong understanding of databases and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB.)
* Experience in building and scaling systems (AWS.)
* Used to a fast paced and collaborative environment where every voice has an impact on the product.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science and/or relevant work experience.
* Ownership over a real time communication system backend. The ability to influence technology and business decisions and have an impact on the design of features, API's and systems.
* Your ideas and code will instantly touch tens of thousands of people.
* Opportunity to build a team - As we grow, there is an opportunity for this person to build and lead an engineering team.
* Early stage company but well funded by top tier investors. We recently started to monetize and our potential customer base includes 100,000's small-large businesses.
* We have an engineering driven culture and a talented and senior team.
Founded in 2015 by Danny Leffel and Broc Miramontes, Crew is a communications app that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives companies and frontline employees a new way to communicate, stay engaged and be more successful. Unlike collaboration software that has evolved around the needs of office workers, Crew is the first communications app designed specifically for the millions of workers who don’t have ready access to effective communication technology on the job. From store clerks, restaurant managers, coaches, to pharmacists, nurses, and first responders, thousands of teams across every industry use Crew to help their businesses and organizations run more smoothly.
Crew has raised $24.9 million from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.