Senior Back End Engineer
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and creative engineers to build features and scale our real time communication system back end.
* 5+ years of software development experience, ideally using Java or Python.
* Strong understanding of databases and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB.)
* Experience in building and scaling systems (AWS.)
* Used to a fast paced and collaborative environment where every voice has an impact on the product.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science and/or relevant work experience.
* Ownership over a real time communication system backend. The ability to influence technology and business decisions and have an impact on the design of features, API's and systems.
* Your ideas and code will instantly touch tens of thousands of people.
* Opportunity to build a team - As we grow, there is an opportunity for this person to build and lead an engineering team.
* Early stage company but well funded by top tier investors. We recently started to monetize and our potential customer base includes 100,000's small-large businesses.
* We have an engineering driven culture and a talented and senior team.
More about Crew:
Crew is a free service for purposeful and organized team communications that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives leaders and co-workers a powerful new way to instantly send messages and stay up-to-date, manage schedules and give recognition all in one centralized place, directly from any device. Thousands of teams across every industry are using Crew to help their businesses run more smoothly, customers like store clerks, restaurant managers, pharmacists, nurses, waiters, coaches, police and fire personnel.
Crew has raised $24.9 million from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.