San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team to help define and build our data engineering function. As the first data engineering hire you will work directly with the CTO to define our data engineering needs and figure out a plan to execute upon them. Crew is committed to building a world class data engineering function and we need you to help us get there!
- Work closely with the CTO and be a key resource for small (5-8 person) cross-functional teams
- Define data engineering roadmap and execute upon it
- Be the expert on data engineering for the company and own all data engineering processes
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to ensure business stakeholders have access to accurate and timely data
- Monitor execution of data pipelines and address critical issues that may impact ability to hit SLA’s
- Have empathy for our users and be part of the creative process to develop new features and products
Ideal Experience / Qualifications:
- 3-6 years of experience as a data engineer, with a focus on designing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines
- Expertise in SQL, especially around schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience working with ETL scheduling technologies such as Airflow
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as Tableau or Looker is a plus
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
Founded in 2015 by Danny Leffel and Broc Miramontes, Crew is a communications app that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives companies and frontline employees a new way to communicate, stay engaged and be more successful. Unlike collaboration software that has evolved around the needs of office workers, Crew is the first communications app designed specifically for the millions of workers who don’t have ready access to effective communication technology on the job. From store clerks, restaurant managers, coaches, to pharmacists, nurses, and first responders, thousands of teams across every industry use Crew to help their businesses and organizations run more smoothly.
Crew has raised $24.9 million from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.