Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Engineering to lead and growing our front end and backend platform teams. You possess a high level of experience in application development and operations, and you’re passionate about ensuring high code quality, enforcing architectural standards and mentoring team members. This person will report directly to the VP Engineering, working with the executive team and across the company.
- Lead and coach a team of engineers tasked with delivering secure, flexible and scalable features to our users
- Set the technical vision for larger projects, and lead technical decisions on the team and functional area
- Have empathy for our users and be part of the creative process to develop new features and products.
- Be responsible for communicating across our design, iOS and Android teams to coordinating releases of new features. We release new features on 3 clients at the same time.
- Help pull critical growth levers for the business by leading the development of our enterprise offering (Crew Command Center) as well as internal tools.
- Coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Establish and enforce coding standards, best practices, and a thoughtful approach to adopting new technologies where appropriate.
Ideal Experience/ Qualifications:
- Several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- You care deeply about building high-quality, beautiful, intuitive applications.
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- Excellent ability to communicate, organize, delegate, and give honest feedback.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and collaborative environment where every voice has an impact on the product.
- Relevant work experience and/or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Founded in 2015 by Danny Leffel and Broc Miramontes, Crew is a communications app that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives companies and frontline employees a new way to communicate, stay engaged and be more successful. Unlike collaboration software that has evolved around the needs of office workers, Crew is the first communications app designed specifically for the millions of workers who don’t have ready access to effective communication technology on the job. From store clerks, restaurant managers, coaches, to pharmacists, nurses, and first responders, thousands of teams across every industry use Crew to help their businesses and organizations run more smoothly.
Crew has raised $60 million from DAG Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.