Front-end Technical Lead
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Front-end Technical Lead to join our growing team in building features across all of our front-end app offerings. The Technical Lead will be the steward for our front-end technology stack. With this comes the expectation of being the resident expert on front-end technologies, ensuring high code quality, enforcing architectural standards and mentoring the front-end team. Crew is looking to modernize its technology stack and the Front-end Technical Lead will work directly with the CTO to make decisions about what technologies are right for Crew and figure out a plan to roll them out.
- Work closely with the CTO to define and implement Front-end architecture.
- Push the boundaries of app development for the open web to strive for an experience at parity with a native iOS and Android equivalent.
- Lay the foundation of great code and helping others around you to code to those standards.
- Establish and enforce coding standards.
- Build new features at a rapid pace.
- Be responsible for communicating across our design, iOS and Android teams to coordinating releases of new features. We release new features on 3 clients at the same time.
- Help pull critical growth levers by continuing the development of our enterprise offering (Crew Command Center) as well as internal tools.
- Have empathy for our users and be part of the creative process to develop new features and products.
- Previous experience in a technical lead position.
- Strong command of programming best practices and common libraries such as React or Angular.
- Used to a fast paced and collaborative environment where every voice has an impact on the product.
- Relevant work experience and/or bachelor's degree in computer science.
Founded in 2015 by Danny Leffel and Broc Miramontes, Crew is a communications app that keeps everyone on the same page about everything work-related. Crew gives companies and frontline employees a new way to communicate, stay engaged and be more successful. Unlike collaboration software that has evolved around the needs of office workers, Crew is the first communications app designed specifically for the millions of workers who don’t have ready access to effective communication technology on the job. From store clerks, restaurant managers, coaches, to pharmacists, nurses, and first responders, thousands of teams across every industry use Crew to help their businesses and organizations run more smoothly.
Crew has raised $24.9 million from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, and Aspect Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located by Embarcadero Bart Station on the 22nd floor of a bike-friendly building in San Francisco. We offer market rate salaries, generous equity as well as great benefits.