Palo Alto, California
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.2 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to determining what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 45 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 90 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
We are looking for a highly motivated research engineers to contribute to the development of our ML algorithms, with a passion for the digital ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have an extensive experience in analyzing large data sets, with outstanding skills to identify and quantify opportunities for optimizations and breadth of knowledge in the latest developments in machine learning. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, detail-oriented and eager to learn and keep-up with an evolving product landscape.
What you will be doing:
· Build and improve machine learning models used in production based on state-of-the-art research
· Collaborate with research scientists to test and create new machine learning models.
· Iterate on results from online A/B tests to push innovation forward
· Design data pipelines that enable getting to online A/B tests efficiently
· Visualize and communicate on results from experiments
What You Bring to the Role
· MSc/MEng degree in computer science, statistics or electrical engineering
· Coursework in machine learning with hands-on projects
· 3+ years of experience in software industry and a passion for technology.
· Strong analytical background in mathematics, statistics, probability theory and/or optimization
· Strong knowledge in Python, Java or Scala
· Knowledge of C#, familiarity with ML frameworks and working with Hadoop environments is a plus.
Criteo R&D Culture
· Empowerment - We believe in bottom-up development.
· Mobility & Variety –In our Voyager program, engineers choose any team with whom to work for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
· Agility- We work in a fast-paced environment where we release frequently for nimble response to the market.
Learn More about Criteo R&D in Palo Alto:
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
About Criteo [CRTO]
Criteo (CRTO) delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,200 employees in 30 offices across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific, serving 13,000 advertisers worldwide and with direct relationships with 17,500 publishers.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are innovative, passionate, creative, driven, and adaptable. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
· Competitive Compensation
· 100% coverage of Healthcare premium
· Career advancement, global mobility encouraged
· Generous Vacation policy
· Fidelity 401(k) with company matching
· Great office in Downtown Palo Alto
· Fun Place to work - Snacks, Happy Hour, Ping-pong, Music Room, Cool Off-sites
Criteo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.