Software Engineer – Machine Learning Platform
Engineering - Software Development
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What You'll Do ?
- You will join our team of machine learning researchers and software engineers to design and build machine learning platforms that will be used to power experimentation and production ML applications at Criteo.
- Your responsibilities will include building libraries, services and datasets that will be used by ML researchers and practitioners across Criteo.
- Contribute directly to the development of Criteo’s infrastructure for experimentation / productionizing of ML applications.
- Write high quality, maintainable code.
- Build scalable big-data distributed data processing systems targeted towards Machine Learning using industry standard services like Hadoop MapReduce / Apache Spark / Presto / Hive in languages like Java and Scala.
- Collaboratively architect the system design along with others.
What We're Looking For ?
- MS / PHD in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience in a high-level language like C#, Python, Java, Scala or C++ or equivalent.
- Rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms) as well as the basics of machine learning.
- Ideally, an experience with large scale big-data processing in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Experience developing and extending systems of moderate complexity.
- Strong communication skills in english (written and oral) and a team player who can work efficiently with others.
- A strong sense of ownership and taking pride in your work.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.