Software Engineer – Machine Learning Platform
Engineering - Software Development
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D ?
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Criteo AI Lab brings together researchers, machine learning engineers, software engineers and data scientists. Our mission is to develop advertising solutions that provide value to Internet users around the world. We do so by pushing state-of-the-art ML methodologies into our products to drive better performance, and act as center of Machine Learning research and engineering excellence.
What You'll Do
- You will join our team of machine learning researchers and software engineers to develop and design build scalable big-data distributed data processing systems that will be used to power experimentation and production ML applications at Criteo.
- Your responsibilities will include building libraries, services and datasets that will be used by ML researchers and practitioners across Criteo.
- You will then contribute directly to the development of Criteo’s infrastructure for experimentation / productionizing of ML applications.
Who you are
- MS / PHD in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- You have at least 3 years of programming experience in a OOP language such as C#, Python, Java or Scala (or equivalent) and a rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms) as well as the basics of machine learning.
- Ideally, you have already dealt with large scale big-data processing in the Hadoop ecosystem, using industry standard services like Hadoop MapReduce / Apache Spark / Presto / Hive in languages like Java and Scala.
- You have strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- You are fluent in english (written and spoken) and also a team player who can work efficiently with others, with strong sense of ownership and taking pride in your work.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- 35 annual holidays days (25 + 10 RTT)
- Health insurance
- Personalized relocation package if moving from abroad
- Catered lunch and breakfast
- Private nursery
- Discounted transport and sports activities
- Maternity and paternity leave
- 2 conferences per year of your choice (1 International + 1 national)
- Internal mobility programs
- Tailored educational resources (Courseras, MOOC, Internal trainings ...)
- Annual cross teams hackathon
Want to know more?
· What does it feel like to be part of something big? Get a snapshot
· Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check our Medium R&D blog
· Interested in discovering your Criteo community first? Let’s meet
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.