Data Analyst, Criteo Marketing Solutions
New York, New York
Who we are
At Criteo, we are building the advertising platform of choice for the open Internet, an ecosystem that favors neutrality, transparency and inclusiveness. With more than 1.4 billion active shoppers and $600 billion in annual commerce sales, we deliver performance at scale. Founded in a Paris start-up incubator, Criteo now carries out our entrepreneurial spirit across 30+ global offices. Do you want to have an impact on more than half of the world’s internet users? Join us and be part of something big.
A Data Analyst on the Data Science & Analytics (AX) team is a key player in understanding every aspect of Criteo’s complex business. This role interfaces across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to the performance of Criteo’s marketing solutions. The person occupying this position will have an exceptionally broad view of every aspect of Criteo’s business with a regional focus on North America. The scope involves both technically rigorous work, including the use leading-edge data analysis technologies, and daily interaction with other cross-functional business units as well as external clients.
Criteo’s high-growth business model brings both opportunities and challenges. This position involves dealing with a considerable amount of complex, real-world data and requires a candidate who is comfortable thinking of new and innovative ways to analyze data and solve problems. The ideal candidate can function with minimal oversight and has a strong ability to learn new concepts quickly.
What You'll Do
- Create, maintain and own reports in support of Account Strategy, Sales, and Ops teams
- Act as main point of contact for analytical support, Criteo engine knowledge, and innovation with primary focus on a small set of large retail, travel and classifieds advertisers
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate, including in-depth, data-driven reviews of Criteo’s performance for specific clients
- Determine opportunities for automation using Tableau, Python or any other technologies
- Maintain deep knowledge of Criteo products, technologies, and position in the marketplace
- Develop understanding of Criteo buying methods, including direct and programmatic (real-time bidding) relationships
- Analyze revenue, margin, CTR, conversion rates and other financial metrics related to Criteo clients
- Test and analyze new Criteo products and improvements to core Criteo technology
- Present as appropriate to individuals throughout the organization and to Criteo clients externally
- Create and deliver client-facing analysis, including calls and in-person presentations (occasional domestic travel may be involved)
- Manage controlled A/B tests from design, to execution, to analysis and presentation of results
Who You Are
- Native-level English fluency
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years full-time, analytics-relevant work experience (experience in the digital industry is preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail coupled with a strong work ethic
- Keen intellectual curiosity and ability to structure and solve difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of SQL
- Background in any of the following preferred: Tableau, Vertica, Hive/Hadoop, Python
- Thorough conceptual and practical understanding of relational databases and data architecture/governance principles
- Substantive conceptual and practical understanding of statistics and real-world application of statistical concepts particularly in a testing context
- Awareness of internet advertising technology (tagging, cookies, trafficking) and digital marketing concepts
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills with the ability to present and defend complex analysis both internally and externally to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have the combination of technical skills, passion for learning, and a personality capable of dealing with strong characters in a dynamic environment
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.