Software Engineer Intern
Engineering - Software Development
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What you can expect
- You will join one of our technical team based on your interest and skill set.
- In a team of 5-7, you will be working closely with your mentor to drive your project, design and ensure best practices are applied.
- You will participate in all knowledge sharing sessions/ workshops.
- You will gain a better understanding of the development cycle and work on real and impactful projects that are used by leading retailers and brands.
- You are encouraged to actively voice your ideas whilst learning how to build and ship quality code into production which will likely affect millions of users instantly.
- You will work with and learn from talented engineers, with a diverse set of backgrounds.
What do we look for
- You are in your final year of study in Software Engineering or related field.
- You have experience in developing web-based applications.
- You are experienced in Object Oriented Programming (C#, Java, C++, Python etc).
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a dislike for passing the buck.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player who can work efficiently with others.
- You are fluent in English.
- You work on personal projects, and are curious about new technologies
- You occasionally participate in coding competitions
- You excel at Nerf Battles, Table Football and Ping Pong
Criteo for you
- Contract: 6-month internship (possibility of long-term contract after the internship)
- Compensation package: Internship grant + company restaurant + 50% of transport costs
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.