Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Team
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Engineering - Site Reliability
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
The Cloud team provides standard mechanisms to interact with the cloud providers within Criteo. Our mission is to support the business and developers by providing flexible infrastructure and solutions to build products at scale.
The provided interfaces should be highly self-service, audit-able, and well documented. We are currently responsible for Storage, Compute, and a variety of smaller services across multiple cloud providers.
In this role, you will develop tools and services to ease the work of developers and SRE interfaces with cloud providers. You will also act as a consultant within the the R&D organization to provide information and guidance to the possibilities available when developing new and existing solutions. You will have to design and build systems to automate away problems and investigate and fix service issues.
Some current projects include integrating and augmenting acquisitions into the greater Criteo ecosystem. We are currently in the process of making our Cloud environments more easily audit-able, allowing us to find cost savings and reduce risk of exposure to external and internal threats. We also contribute to the security policies and procedures within Criteo. Beyond that, we often contribute to upstream open source projects to complete our objectives, and in some cases make use of custom builds where required.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Architect, design, and build projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the program managers to ensure best architectures and products.
- Contribute to promoting a strong engineering culture, passion for quality and things well done.
Who You Are
- Experienced with Java, Scala, C# or Python
- Have experience with taking initiative/ownership and acting as a technical lead.
- Significant experience working on heterogeneous production platforms (Windows, Linux, Hadoop)
- Developer background, able to quickly adapt to several scripting and development languages
- Have worked in Agile environments, are passionate for shipping quality code and for automated testing.
- Great oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (French is a plus).
- Ability to work with international teams
- Experienced with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
- Experienced with cloud deployment tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experienced with large scale deployments in Cloud or Hybrid environments
- Experienced with automation frameworks like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experienced with monitoring tools like Prometheus
- Good communication skills to provide guidance to the rest of the R&D on best practices
- Proficiency with incident management
- Experience with balancing a hands-on engineering role while managing teams is a plus.
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.