Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Engineering - Software Development
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D ?
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Criteo AI Lab brings together researchers, machine learning engineers, and data scientists. Our mission is to develop advertising solutions that provide value to Internet users around the world. We do so by pushing state-of-the-art ML methodologies into our products to drive better performance, and act as center of Machine Learning research and engineering excellence.
What you will do
- You will gather and analyze data, identify key prediction/classification problems, devise solutions, build prototypes, and stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms
- You will develop high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, test and implement the algorithms in scalable, product-ready code
- You will also in charge of investigating new academic and industrial data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques to apply to our specific business cases
- In closed relationship within the research community, you will maintain world-class academic credentials through publications, and presentations in academic conferences.
Who you are
- Master degree or PhD in Machine Learning or a related field, with a previous major in Computer Science
- You have a solid implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages.
- You are skilled in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data, ideally in a Hadoop programming environment.
- You have already played with traditional as well as modern statistical learning techniques, including: Support Vector Machines; Regularization Techniques; Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods
- You are able to propose, conduct and report results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications
- You have good communication skills both written and oral
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- 35 annual holidays days (25 + 10 RTT)
- Health insurance
- Personalized relocation package if moving from abroad
- Catered lunch and breakfast
- Private nursery
- Discounted transport and sports activities
- Maternity and paternity leave
- 2 conferences per year of your choice (1 International + 1 national)
- Internal mobility programs
- Tailored educational resources (Courseras, MOOC, Internal trainings ...)
- Annual cross teams hackathon
Want to know more?
· What does it feel like to be part of something big? Get a snapshot
· Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check our Medium R&D blog
· Interested in discovering your Criteo community first? Let’s meet
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.