DevOps Engineer Intern
Engineering - Software Development
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What you can expect
- You will be part of the R&D responsible for developing, maintaining and operating software that automates the traditional roles of the system administrator
- You will participate in building systems that make the best decision in a very short time, half a million times per second. Across three continents and 15 datacenters, 24/7.
- You will contrinbuted in storing and processing tens of TB of data, in one hour, using over a thousand nodes on our Hadoop cluster. And constantly get better at it while keeping the lights on.
- You will get stuff done. A problem partially solved today is better than a perfect solution next year. Have an idea during the night? Code it in the morning, push it at noon, test it in the afternoon and deploy it the next morning.
- You will be encouraged to develop open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. We’re big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
- You will work with engineering leadership to develop long-term roadmaps and architectures to scale our infrastructure and improve our SLA.
- You will have the opportunity to work on real world data and mission-critical constraints.
- You will deal with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop on Criteo’s Big Data
What do we look for
- You are in your final year of study in Software Engineering or related fields.
- You have a first experience in development (Java or another OOP)
- You also have Network & Systems admin skills (Windows or Linux environment)
- You are passionate about code quality, and are curious and dynamic.
- You are fluent in English.
- You work on personal projects, and are curious about new technologies
- You occasionally participate in coding competitions
- You excel at Nerf Battles, Table Football and Ping Pong
Criteo for you
- Location: Criteo HQ in Paris (A snapshot here : https://www.criteo.com/insights/criteo-paris-office/)
- Contract: 6-month internship (possibility of long-term contract after the internship)
- Compensation package: Internship grant + company restaurant + 50% of transport costs
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.