Senior Software Engineer - Data Processing
Paris, France /
Engineering - Site Reliability /
Who we are
At Criteo, our culture is as unique as it is diverse. With offices around the world, our incredible team of 2,600 Criteos collaborates to create an open & inclusive environment. We work together to achieve our goals, push boundaries, and be impactful. All of this supports us in our mission to power the world’s marketers with trusted & impactful advertising.
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Site Reliability teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They are processing, storing and monitoring through large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica).
As part of this team you will build and operate an easy to use, highly resilient data workflow scheduling service
Who you are:
- You enjoy functional programming i. e. in Scala
- You are excited to work in a team that works on Big Data flows and owns schedulers (Kettle)
- Strong understanding of the UNIX development environment
- You have some understanding of the big data ecosystem and SQL. Practical experience on writing or maintaining ETL systems is a plus.
- A self-motivated, highly skilled engineer unafraid to tackle the complex and ever willing to understand and automate the mundane
- An excellent oral and written communicator, passionate about interacting with other engineers to help them understand and use your systems and integrate their feedback into future versions of it
- Rigorous about automating and documenting processes and systems to improve day-to-day operations and help on-board new team members and users
- Prepared to be part of an on-call rotation supporting your team's systems
Competitive compensation package
35+ annual holidays days
Personalized relocation package if moving from abroad
Catered lunch and breakfast
Maternity and paternity leave
Annual cross teams hackathon
Internal mobility programs
Tailored educational resources
Want to know more?
· What does it feel like to be part of something big? Get a snapshot
· Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check our Medium R&D blog
· Interested in discovering your Criteo community first? Let’s meet
At Criteo, we are committed to creating an environment where all Criteos feel a sense of belonging. We nourish our diversity by listening to all cultures within Criteo - and there are many. We are proud to be a global team and conscious that it takes people with different perspectives, thoughts and cultures to succeed.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.