Atlanta, Georgia /
Staffing - Client /
(Firm name will be disclosed if your application is chosen. Thank you for your understanding.)
This firm was founded in 2010 to make Microsoft technology work for marketers so they can create great experiences. Their marketing automation platform is natively integrated with Dynamics 365, eliminating the need for complex implementations and constantly syncing systems while delivering unparalleled access to CRM data for better segmentation, hyper-personalization and marketing success.
With essential marketing tools like email marketing, campaign automation, web intelligence, surveys, web forms and landing pages, social marketing and more, this firm helps organizations that use Microsoft Dynamics 365 attract more leads, close more sales and more effectively engage customers.
The Data Architect will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of data strategy across all product lines. Specific responsibilities include:
• Participate in the formation of the overall corporate data strategy relating to both transnational and analytic data processing.
• Manage a team of Data Architects, both on-shore and off-shore.
• Provide oversight of all data related architectures.
• Anticipate business needs and proactively integrate data to enable stakeholders to make data driven decisions.
• Work on large-scale Big Data projects.
• Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management, analyze current state and conceive desired future state, and conceive projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
• Provide a standard common business vocabulary, express strategic data requirements, outline high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and align with enterprise strategy and related business architectures.
• Set data architecture principles, create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture.
• Create diagrams showing key data entities, and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
• Establish best practices for naming, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, transforming, moving, storing, and searching all data within the firm.
• Interact with internal and external resources to understand data requirements, source location, transformation requirements, calculations, etc.
• Hands on lead for data consolidation and syndication (from various source systems including internal databases, Cloud based data stores, and third-party API/Web Service calls, in batch, near real-time, and real-time).
• Define and establish a data governance process to include enterprise data governance and data conformance to govern policies required to ensure data integrity.
• Establish a process for the use of data architecture frameworks to include business data management, business intelligence, data quality and data usage.
• Participate in architecture reviews of applications as part of the project lifecycle. Ensure that data governance processes are established and integrated in existing systems as well as in the formation of new and revised systems.
• Define 3rd party application integration approach both from application and data perspective. Collaborate with integration development lead on 3rd party application integrations.
• Manage own learning and contribute to technical skill building of the team.
- 10+ years of experience in data architecture. (relational and dimensional data modeling, with heavy emphasis on providing data for analytics.)
- Experience with ETL data transforms, design and structures
- Decision maker and agent of change
- Hands-on experience architecting complex solutions with Azure Data Services, Data Lakes, Databricks, and Data Factory
- Data Pipeline, and related understanding of data ingestion, movement, and transformation across Azure Cloud services
- Hands-on experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence applications and Data Science development languages (Spark, R, Python, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of Azure-based tools and services that support data storage, e.g. Azure SQL, Blob and Structured and Non-Structured Storage, Cosmos DB
- Hands-on Infrastructure as a code experience
- Hands-on Software development experience using Azure native solutions like Azure Functions, DevOps CI/CD etc.
- Programming experience in .NET, C#, Python and other languages
- Handling of data ingress and egress from the cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Estimating cloud costs, and identifying associated cost-control mechanisms
- Deep experience in Software design and development, Master Data Management; Database architecture, Storage and Security
- 5+ years of experience leading a development team onshore and geographically distributed
- Experience with high volume, multi-tenant database architectures.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Google BigQuery, etc.
- Understanding of third-party data sources such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, social media feeds, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Experience deploying solutions to Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience extracting/writing data through API calls and web services.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Highly detail-oriented and intellectually curious.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Experience with data provisioning to machine learning technologies.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions like Synapse, Snowflake.
- Experience with MongoDB and CosmosDB.
- Experience with Microsoft CDS/CDM.
- Marketing automation and/or digital marketing agency experience/knowledge.