Mid-level WordPress Developer
Technology – Projects Development
Full time - Remote
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate for this position is both a highly effective developer, familiar with creating well-formed WordPress plugins and themes from scratch. Agency experience is a plus, including professional communication, verbal and written, as well as familiarity working in a distributed environment. We are looking for someone who understands that good developers can create code that solves a problem, but great developers can also communicate why that code solves a problem, how it does so, and how to implement it.
While we recognize that some candidates may not be expert-level coders, and we’re open to the idea of an otherwise ideal candidate growing on the job, we require a good degree of familiarity with creating high-performing open source solutions.
We welcome applicants who aren't sure if they meet all of the qualifications of this job posting. We aren’t necessarily inflexible should someone fit in every way but one. We've often hired, in later cycles, those who didn't get hired the previous time around. If you think you’ve got what it takes but you’re worried you might be missing one qualification or another, we think you should apply. If however you meet very few of the requirements, then you should not be applying for this position.
Why you should apply
At Crowd Favorite, we’re protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. When you join our team, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience.
Must-haves (non-technical requirements):
- Ability to work continental-US hours (approximate 9-6 US Central)
- Access to consistent, high-speed Internet
- Fluency in the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to self-manage and self-organize in distributed work environments, and to take direction in remote work situations
- Effective in communicating with team members and has experience using email, Slack and multiple communication channels
- Ability to work in a client services - focused agency
- Attention to detail: mention a buffalo in your application, resume, or cover letter
- Interest in and willingness to learn new technologies, refine your skill set, and keep your skills sharp in the ever-evolving open source technology landscape
Must-haves (technical requirements):
- Proficient in modern object-oriented PHP
- Proficient in developing high-performing code for WordPress, both themes (front-end) and plugins, and knowing when code is in one vs the other
- Experience in WooCommerce development, going beyond WooCommerce templating
- Proficient in modern web development tooling and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in web site performance optimization, both front-end and back-end
- Proficient in Laravel development
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Familiarity with web standards and accessibility
- Experience with mobile platforms like Flutter, React Native, or NativeScript-Vue
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker
This is a development position, so code is involved.
Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created. A link to a Git repo or Bitbucket repo gives us something to look at together.
Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.
Be ready to talk about how long it took to create the solutions. How off was the time it took from the original estimate?