Blog Content Crafter
Marketing & Communications
Greetings, fellow crafter!
We’re looking for a smart, creative, organized, disciplined and passionate writer to join our team. We want to provide our readers with the most delightful, informative and artful content possible, and writing blogs is a crucial part of our product.
If you have a knack for words, we’re looking for you. If you find yourself instinctively re-writing poorly worded sentences that have too many clauses, don’t flow well, and wishing someone had taken more time over them so they could have worked better, such as this monstrous one- we’re most definitely looking for you.
We need a storyteller who is good at putting their best word forward. If you are excited about writing stories people enjoy reading- we’d love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly and weaving words together creatively. The words they write will be read by hundreds of thousands of people every day. They’ll work with team members throughout the organization to write and edit content as part of a highly cross-functional role.
So, who do I need you to be?
1. Your English needs to be impeccable. That includes impeccable grammar and no room for SMS language.
2. Long winding sentences should start an ache in your left parietal lobe and you should probably like your sentences like you like your homilies- short, sweet and to the point(and no using like as a connector).
3. Someone who loves digging for juicy content that you can then make into a blog post. You’ll even get to collaborate with the design team to add visual appeal. Your words, your thoughts, our topics- pen to paper.
4. Creative liberty is yours for the taking!
5. You like blogging(this is just a bonus).
6. You can write all day, every day.
7. You can write sense most of the day.
8. You take to words like Devdas takes to whisky.
9. You like writing in bullet points.
- Draft, Write, Edit and Publish at least 1 post a week to our Medium blog
- Create email content, tweets and short FB posts to promote your own blog posts
- Discover content topics across various buckets and write educational, informative and fun posts for our readers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Product teams to roll out posts about the product- includes feature releases, how-tos, guides and inspirational user stories.
I think a Bachelor’s degree should suffice for this role. Probably in English Literature, Mass Media, Communications, Journalism, Advertising. Previous writing experience is a must and if you’re already a blogger, huge plus.