Crowdfire is building the world's first AI-driven marketing sidekick that will help over 100 million individuals and small-businesses grow online everyday. Our 15 million+ users spread across the globe include artists, bloggers, sellers, and freelancers - the underdogs who will run the world!
We’re looking for a passionate UX writer to join the Crowdfire team. We want to provide users with a delightful experience, and every word we write is a crucial step towards that vision.
If you have a knack for words, we’re looking for you. If you find yourself instinctively re-writing poorly worded sentences that have too many clauses, don’t flow well, and wishing someone had taken more time over them so they could have worked better, such as this monstrous one - we’re most definitely looking for you.
We need a wordsmith who is good at adopting and maintaining the “voice” of a character. As our resident wordsmiths, UX writers will work with a variety of UX-related functions including design, product management, engineering, and community support to help establish connective language and a unified voice.
UX writers help shape the product experience by crafting copy that helps users complete the task at hand. Writers at Crowdfire are always asking "could this be clearer?" and "could this be shorter?” We’re constantly refining our craft and our process too, shaping the way we work together across disciplines to create a wonderful user experience.
Our ideal UX writer will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly and weaving words together creatively. The words they write will be read by hundreds of thousands of people every day in 9 global languages. They’ll work with team members throughout the organization to write and edit content as part of a highly cross-functional role.
- Write user-interface text, along with emails, notifications, and any user-facing communication
- Learn, maintain, and develop the voice of Crowdfire while writing copy
- Be a sharp editor for your own writing, as well as for others when needed
- Advocate for users while understanding product and business goals
- Collaborate with multiple teams to produce and fine-tune user-facing content
- Continually refine and improve our content based on feedback and analytics
- Maintain and develop Crowdfire content, style, and user experience guides
- Strong, confident, and exacting writing. Explaining complex concepts succinctly and clearly. Finding just the right word. And the right emoji.
- Strong editing skills. Making text shorter, friendlier, and easier to understand always.
- Experience in character development and writing dialogue (playwriting/screenwriting, joke writing, narrative design, storytelling, creative/fiction writing)
- A proven track record of delivering great in-product content.
- Track record of delivering highly creative experiences on tight deadlines
- Prioritization of multiple streams of work and proactive communication with the many people who will want you to help them. Managing your time well.
- Experience with the localization process and writing for a global audience.
- At least 5 years of user experience and/or copywriting experience. Although not required, it is an advantage if you have experience in marketing, advertising, or scriptwriting.
- BA/BS degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism, Theatre, or other literary/communication subject, BMM, BFA, or any other equivalent degree
- A portfolio of your writing. (*please attach samples as a cover letter, or provide a link to your portfolio) Ideally it includes a mix of brand marketing, advertising, and product-related projects or script-writing and creative projects.