Financial Analyst Intern (Paid)
At CrowdRiff, our platform delivers the the best way for brands to effectively operationalize earned and owned media. It's a powerful new way to engage, distribute, and leverage content, enabling remarkable marketing success, every day.
Our Last 12 Months
- Two major platform evolutions
- Team size doubled
- Client base grew by 1200%!
- Became market leaders in the travel and tourism industry
Who we Want to Hire
We are looking for a smart and analytical Financial Analyst Intern who loves to dig deep into complex business problems and provide analytical support to the decision-making process. A person who has not only excelled in their school work, but went the extra mile with their extra-curricular activities to demonstrate their passion.
You are a person who likes to take ownership in their work and provide great insights for people who trust and rely on your work. You are very detail oriented and have very strong Microsoft Excel skills. A person who wants to roll up their sleeves and build efficiencies into their work.
What to Expect from the Role
From day one you will be providing value to the business with various FP&A, accounting and reporting related activities. You are one of the first finance team members hired, so you will have the ability to work on great projects and get to see all facets of finance for an early stage, high growth tech company.
You will have the ability to work closely with the CEO, Director of Finance, and senior leadership team on tasks that will be used in the decision making process for the company.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results
- Prepare and review financial variances between Actual/Budget/Forecast financial resultsPrepare weekly/monthly financial analyses on business performance
- Perform strategic and scenario analysis to determine present and future financial performance
- Prepare monthly deferred revenue schedules
- Take ownership of the monthly invoicing and collection cycles, while answering any client inquiries
- Assist in reviewing monthly expenses to ensure accuracy and accountability
- Maintain cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements
- Support any ad-hoc accounting related activities
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Assist in developing, communicating, and managing requirements for reporting and financial reporting enhancements
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in financial modeling, business analysis, or FP&A
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel
- Experience working with corporate budgeting process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required
- Experience creating financial models, including use of data manipulation
- Working towards or recently graduated Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Management Information Systems
Excited yet? Here’s more about us …
CrowdRiff is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.