Product Manager - Marketplace
We’re the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient.
Our team is nimble and we move quickly, but have the resources and backing of General Motors. We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We’re looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
You will be one of the first product managers on the Marketplace team and will have the opportunity to help lead the buildout of the Marketplace PM organization from the ground up.
You will be responsible for translating the business objectives and goals of the commercialization team into the required work streams for the engineering marketplace team, data science team, and infrastructure team. You will collaborate with the engineering and infrastructure team to design the systems and processes to build a scalable network of systems and will own the vision and roadmap of the Marketplace organization. In close collaboration with the engineering and analytics team, you will be responsible for designing and executing both simulated and live experiments to continuously optimize operation performance and identify opportunities to drive economic improvements to the overall business.
- Translate the business objectives and goals of the commercialization team into actionable work streams
- Own the vision, roadmap, and execution of the Marketplace organization; from data ingestion, data and metric tracking, analysis, and inclusion of third-party data
- Anticipate future roadblocks, whether it will be infrastructure, headcount, or additional data needed and proactively recommend solutions to ensure that we appropriately head off potential bottlenecks
- Collaborate with the Marketplace Engineering and Analytic teams to design and execute simulated and live experiments
- Provide real-time recommendations for opportunities to drive economic improvements to the overall business, both in growth and in improving unit economic trends
- Collaborate with other Cruise internal stakeholders, including Operations, to ensure that local market knowledge and dynamics are incorporated into our marketplace models
- 7-10+ years of experience of prior product management experience with experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization. Strong preference for previous ride sharing or marketplace experience.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative skills
- Proven experience in leading successful cross functional teams; preference for previous experience working collaboratively with engineers, data scientists, and designers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Operate with a high level of autonomy
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to juggle numerous activities & projects
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Previous experience in automotive, rides haring, and / or high-tech industry
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.