Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Our self-driving cars have the ability to track hundreds of moving objects and to respond to them with super-human latency; they have the opportunity to drive better than humans. We need your help in painting a qualitatively- and statistically-justified picture of what that means and how that happens. In this role, you will manipulate and analyze time-series data at the petabyte scale in order to support Safety- and Product-driven inquiries.
- Provide rapid support for extracting and analyzing features from petabyte-scale timeseries data
- Design and build ETL pipelines that can process hundreds of terabytes of data per day across multiple physical locations
- Develop, deploy, and maintain our Spark cluster, and provide support to engineering teams running various distributed workloads
- Build tools and/or data warehousing solutions to quickly service inquiries
- Support the training and deployment of temporal pattern recognition systems
- 5+ years experience in software or data engineering roles
- Experience managing Spark, or similar data processing tools
- Strong programming skills and ability to code swiftly (Java, Python, Scala preferred)
- Experience with Presto, Impala, Druid, Hive, or other distributed SQL engines
- Solid command of SQL and database design using Postgres or a similar RDMS
- Some exposure to map reduce and distributed computing paradigms
- Passion for correctness
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a similar field
- Experience with timeseries data analysis
- Familiarity with C++, Java, Scala, bash
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Familiarity with ROS
- Experience with Spark SQL or Spark Streaming
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.