Software Engineer - Path Planning and Controls
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our team is small, but we move quickly. In less than a year, we built prototype vehicles that have logged over 10,000 driverless miles on California highways. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help develop our next generation products, ensure they’re reliable and safe, and deploy them at scale.
We are looking for an experienced C++ software engineer to help our controls team build production level code.
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Work with senior engineers to implement fast reliable code
- Create critical safety systems that improve the performance and safety of our fleet
- Work with existing code base to optimize performance
- Learn every day from the top computer scientists and engineers in the self driving car space
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent Mathematics field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Good grasp of classical or modern controls
- Experience with model predictive control, numerical optimization, or estimation theory
- Experience writing C++ in a production environment
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or robot path planning
- Familiarity with automotive cruise control systems
- Worked on high-speed feedback loops
- Experience writing C for embedded systems, especially RTOS
- Experience with ROS
- Experience in code optimization or high performance computing
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.