Software Engineer - Self Driving Architect
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle development team, working in C++.
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, latency-optimized software that runs on self driving cars.
- Create critical safety systems that improve the performance and safety of our fleet.
- Learn every day from the top computer scientists and engineers in the self driving car space.
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self driving car applications.
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
- 5+ years working experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code in a Linux environment.
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies.
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code.
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex problems into robust solutions.
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.