Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer to drive critical architecture decisions in our ML pipeline.
- Drive high level algorithm decisions to ensure fast and accurate machine learning in a multitude of different applications
- Implement cutting edge machine learning techniques in object classification, labelling, pose estimation, and prediction
- Use real-time state estimation and context from surroundings to predict the motion of surrounding vehicles and pedestrians for use with vehicle path planning
- Work on data association, clustering, segmentation, filtering, and estimation
- Create unified back end architecture for solving multiple ML problems
- Build robust, reliable systems to handle common and uncommon situations on the road
- PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, etc. or equivalent in industry experience
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience with sensor data processing, environment modeling, large-scale point-cloud processing, or machine learning
- Experience with machine learning and classification, LIDAR, deep learning, or geospatial databases
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills, especially with probability
- Comfortable writing production-quality code in C++
- Understanding of sensor error modeling
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Experience with writing robust, safety-critical code
- Experience with SLAM, signal processing, and motion/path planning
- Experience with Hidden Markov Models (HMMs)
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, Gazebo, or PCL
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms into real world environments
- Experience building a platform
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.