Senior Platform Software Engineer
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
You will work closely with members of our Autonomous Vehicle and Infrastructure teams to create, extend, and develop next generation car software platforms.
- Architect and develop software for our autonomous vehicle
- Own the vision and direction for performance, reliability, and deployment for all software and OS that runs on the vehicle
- Explore various hardware & software strategies for achieving the best performance from various system configurations
- Contribute 50% hands on development and 50% lead/systems architect
- Design for safety-critical, high-performance, high-availability car software systems
- Exceptional coding abilities (C & C++), architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
- Prior knowledge and experience in real-time, low latency applications, high rate packet processing, and high performance computing
- Past experience with real-time systems, ROS, or other robotics frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Kernel, IPC fundamentals, Threading, Resource Management, Caching, and Profiling
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or related technical field
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.