Manager, Learning + Development
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We’re looking for an expert in Learning + Development (L+D) to design engaging and effective programs that elevate the employee experience. This key hire will be the first L+D hire at Cruise, a thought leader and collaborator across all departments, and report to the Director of People Operations.
- Strategically align learning and development programs to support company goals, employee needs, and career growth
- Partner with subject matter experts within and outside of the company (vendors) to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Design, deliver and develop high impact training programs in the areas of technical onboarding, management training, leadership development, interview training, communication and teamwork and more
- Create and execute robust evaluation strategies for measuring the results and impact of learning solutions and iterate to find the optimal design, delivery, and investment
- Oversee planning and delivery of L+D programs across all our US offices
- Hire and develop L+D staff as the business need grows
- 8+ years of experience in L+D or a related field conducting training to end users and management
- Knowledge of core learning theories, frameworks, assessments
- Ability to understand business goals and link L+D results to organizational effectiveness
- Ability to define, scope, track and report metrics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to plan and delivery effective presentations
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Experience in L+D or a related field for a highly technical audience
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.