Software Engineer - Algorithms
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for a software engineer to help design and implement complex tracking, planning, and controls algorithms
- Work with experts to design and implement algorithms that advance the state of the art in self-driving cars
- Create and implement novel solutions to unsolved problems
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, latency-optimized software that runs on self driving cars.
- Create critical safety systems that improve the performance and safety of our fleet.
- Learn every day from the top computer scientists and engineers in the self driving car space.
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self driving car applications.
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
- MS or PhD in CS, math, physics, or similar field
- Excellent programming skills
- Strong mathematical reasoning skills, especially with geometry & probability
- Able to understand and implement complicated algorithms
- Experience writing robust code
- Able to quickly digest and implement ideas generated from research papers
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience with data stores, including SQL databases, key/value stores, and geospatial databases
- Experience with machine learning
- Familiar with ROS
- Familiar with filtering techniques (kalman filters, particle filters, etc.)
- Strong understanding of linear algebra
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience writing C++
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.