AV Testing + Fleet Operations
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are hiring Autonomous Vehicle-Trainers to help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars! You should have strong attention to detail along with an excellent driving record. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. You'll be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
We're looking for people to join us in a contract position starting immediately, expected to last a year and possibly longer. Pay starts at $23 per hour.
We are hiring for our PM shift:
3:30pm - 11:30pm
- Working in teams, taking turns between (i) driving, (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and (iii) providing remote assistance
- Completing timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
- Testing other aspects of our driverless cars
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Flexible work schedule
- 1-3 years previous work experience
- Technical computer skills
- Licensed to drive for at least 3 years in California
- Able to drive and/or spend time sitting in the car for 6-8 hours per day, 5 days a week
- Ability to focus on monitoring software in a moving vehicle
- Comfortable and experienced with technology
- Ability to type over 50 words per minute
- Ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure
- Clean driving record
- Clean background check and drug screen
- Total team player
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving skills
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Four years of work or Military experience
- Defensive drivers training ( Smith systems etc)
- Route/Delivery experience is a plus!
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Catered lunch, snacks, etc.
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.