We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise is looking for a Network Engineer to help us build and maintain the network infrastructure to deliver production and development services to autonomous vehicles.
- Develop standards-based network designs for company’s office and backbone infrastructure
- Help maintaining our Meraki, Cisco and Dell physical infrastructure
- Architect, deploy and maintain our software defined cloud networking, primarily in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Assist with deploying and maintaining our Kubernetes and Docker networking environments
- Document all infrastructure and maintain correctness
- Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, and budget planning
- Proactively identify capacity bottleneck and plan/execute solution for them
- Manage and resolve issues with ISPs and vendors around the world
- Drive simple and scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy and operate new features, capabilities and functionality
- 3 - 5 years of production network support
- Demonstrable experience with high performance switching environments
- Experience managing production workloads in AWS
- Experience with Calico, Flannel, or other container networking solutions
- AWS certifications
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.