Autonomous Vehicle Trainer
We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
Our team is small, but we move quickly. We are hiring Automated Vehicle Trainers to help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars!
We’re looking for drivers who are focused, team players.
- Working in teams, taking turns between (i) driving, (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities, and (iii) providing remote assistance
- Completing timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
- Testing other aspects of our driverless cars
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week
- Able to drive and/or spend time sitting in the car for 5 - 7 hours per day
- Licensed to drive for at least 3 years
- Able to focus on monitoring software in a moving vehicle
- Comfortable/experienced with technology
- Ability to type over 50 words per minute
- Keeping calm and performing well under pressure
- Clean driving record
- Clean background check and drug screen
- Total team player
- Impeccable communication skills
- Excellent driving skills
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Four years of work or Military experience
- Professional driving experience
- Start-up experience
- $20/hour + benefits options + 401k + some paid holidays
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Free rides in self-driving cars
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.