Business Development Director
We’re the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient.
Our team is small and we move quickly. We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We’re looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development executive to focus on strategic partnerships. Reporting to the VP of Commercialization, you will responsible for leading the process for identifying, analyzing, recommending, and closing strategic business opportunities including partnerships, alliances, or joint ventures globally. You will also be responsible for the management of all partnership relationships and ensure that we are maximizing the full breadth of opportunities with current partners. As part of this role, you will also have the opportunity to build-out a team underneath you as we continue to scale our commercialization efforts to bring autonomous vehicles to the world.
- Identify, evaluate, analyze, and recommend strategic partnership opportunities, including partnerships, alliances, or joint ventures
- Manage and optimize current partnerships to ensure that all business opportunities within current partners are maximized
- Assist in building forecasts for partnership opportunities and assist in drafting and reviewing legal contracts
- Work closely with engineering and operations team to uncover opportunities for growth
- Be a leading thought leader on anticipating potential business challenges and proposing solutions and recommendations to move the business forward
- Present recommendations to senior level GM executives
- Lead and build-out the global business development team for all applications of autonomous vehicles worldwide
- 7-10+ years of work experience in Business Development / Partnerships with at least 3 years of experience working for a large, high-growth technology or automotive company
- Proven experience in being able to close large, multi-year, multi-million dollar deals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to suggest creative partnership opportunities that have had a significant impact on a company’s growth
- Operate with a high level of autonomy with a proven ability to juggle numerous activities and projects
- Previous experience with working with local cities and governments on strategic initiatives preferred
- Prior experience with international markets and closing partnerships globally
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- MBA from top Business School
- Prior experience as a management consultant
- Previous experience in automotive and / or high-tech industry
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.