Senior HR Business Partner
We're the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient.
Our team is small and we move quickly. We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
We need a passionate People leader to create an end-to-end people strategy for the Autonomous Vehicle Business Operations department that aligns with the broader Cruise people strategy. This role sits at our Scottsdale Office and reports directly into People Operations at Headquarters in San Francisco.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders including Cruise’s People team, Leaders and Managers in the AVBO department, to design and roll out people programs including performance management, employee recognition, workforce planning, compensation, benefits, learning and development programs, employee relations, etc. across new markets
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the productivity and performance of your department
- Data-first approach, using research, surveys, and other data to drive decision making
- A minimum of 6 years relevant HRBP experience supporting rapidly scaling teams
- SHRM/SPHR certification required
- Experience executing in a complex and changing work environment
- Great at influencing through relationships, expertise and data to manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and contractors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skillsStrong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines
- BA/BS required
- Experience as an HRBP in a tech or automotive start up
- Experience working as a management consultant, working with external clients
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.