Technical Documentation Engineer
We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
We are looking for a Technical Documentation Engineer to help us build the documentation for all ongoing projects.
- Write clear and detailed documentation for all processes and projects, including SDK and API specifications, Technical Requirements and Interface Design specifications, Release Notes, FAQ’s, and User Guides and Troubleshooting Guidelines
- Develop tutorial videos and presentation materials
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors to meet shared documentation requirements
- Find holes in current documentation and proofs
- BS or higher in English, or some technical field
- 5+ years experience in a technical field
- Ability to leverage and make recommendations on single source publishing
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Basic familiarity with SDLC documentation and software development
- Experience with graphics and video editing programs
- Ability to work independently and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Sufficient technical background to work within an engineering organization to build technical specifications
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple departments and organizations
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Startup experience
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.