Technical Program Manager - Calibration
We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
We're looking for a technical project manager to coordinate, develop, and help drive projects from bring up process to calibration.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Create and organize all documentation surrounding relevant projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Work with build relationships with 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Routinely put together summaries of project progress
- Measure project performance
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop process for bringing vehicles off the line to AV status
- Develop process and procedure for calibration
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- 6+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Experience with assembly line process
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience writing production-quality C++ code
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.