Software Engineer - Hardware Integration
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for a skilled C++ Software Engineer familiar with hardware integration to join our Autonomous Vehicle development team.
- Integrate and test new sensors and other hardware components
- Build and test production-quality hardware driver
- Develop tools to support build, calibration, and service of our autonomous vehicles
- Work with other teams to integrate new features with hardware
- A minimum of 2 years working experience as a Software Engineer writing C++ code in a Linux environment
- Experience with Ethernet interfaces including TCP/IP and UDP
- Eagerness to work with other engineers to resolve cross-domain challenges
- Willingness to work hands on with hardware to resolve problems or develop new features
- Experience writing firmware for embedded devices
- Experience with ROS
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.