Software Engineer - Frontend
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team!
- Design and implement scalable frontend architectures to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Build dynamic interfaces which visualize and represent data in new and unique ways
- Create complex visual editors to support our vehicle debugging and simulation workflows
- Drive best practices in our React & Webpack based applications
- Experience building modern frontends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Experience with Three.js or WebGL
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.