Software Engineer - 3D Lidar Segmentation
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled C++ Segmentation Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle development team.
- Design and development of complex, highly scalable, latency-optimized software that runs on self driving cars
- Develop novel segmentation algorithms utilizing 3D point cloud data from LIDAR for object detection/recognition and scene understanding
- Develop point cloud tracking, gesture recognition, and classification algorithms
- Create critical safety systems that improve the performance and safety of our fleet
- Learn everyday from the top computer scientists and engineers in the self driving car space
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self driving car applications
- A minimum of 2 years working experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with point clouds
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar infrastructure team for scripts/tools
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years industry experience working with Lidar, Kinect, or Point Cloud space
- Machine learning experience
- Experience with Linux
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.