Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise is looking for a software engineer to help our developer community be faster and more effective building quality code throughout the build, test and release cycle.
- Contribute and improve our build system for both in-car and system
- Collaborate with our development teams to ensure that our continuous integration pipeline runs smoothly
- Work directly with Cruise engineers on a variety of stacks including Node.js, Python and C++
- Develop tools to make our developers jobs easier
- Evangelize, gather requirements and coach Cruise engineers on the use of the tool offering
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent real world experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency with a variety of both compiled (C++) and interpreted (Node.js, Python) development languages
- Demonstrable knowledge of test and build automation tools like cmake, grunt, gulp, tox and bash scripting
- Experience building, improving and maintaining build pipelines with a variety of tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Exposure to large data environments
- Prior usage of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.