South San Francisco
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We’re looking for a talented, highly organized and personable individual to help us expand our South San Francisco AV Operations by managing the on-boarding of quality AV Trainers (test drivers), Training Coordinators, Test Engineers and Vehicle Technicians.
You will be responsible for both internal recruiting, as well as managing the relationship with the external employment agency that provides us with candidates. You will help us make hiring recommendations, generate weekly and monthly stats, and develop incentives and opportunities for growth for our existing workforce.
- Coordinate with Cruise Headquarters, General Manager, and local team to develop hiring plan
- Work with local General Manager to create and post job descriptions according to hiring plan
- Conduct phone screens, background checks, interviews, and onboarding for candidates
- Work with external employment agencies when necessary to coordinate hiring and onboarding
- Generate recruiting stats, hiring rate, and projections
- Ensure the local office is compliant to HR standards
- Assist Cruise employees with management of benefits
- Foster a healthy office culture that is congruent with Cruise’s overall company culture
- Additional HR related responsibilities as needed and directed by Headquarters
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources and Recruiting
- Excellent organization and self-management skills
- Able to work independently and identify areas where outside help is necessary
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve employee experience
- Experience working with external staffing agencies
- Experience in technology or automotive industry
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work stationLunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.