Software Engineer - Tracking Expert
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled C++ Tracking Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle development team.
- Design and development of complex, highly scalable, latency-optimized software that runs on self driving cars
- Create critical safety systems that improve the performance and safety of our fleet
- Learn everyday from the top computer scientists and engineers in the self driving car space
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self driving car applications
- Design and implement tracking algorithms
- Maintain and improve existing tracking code
- Sensor fusion as new sensor technology is available
- Identify, digest, and incorporate scholarly articles related to our projects
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
- Prior experience in any of probabilistic filtering, SLAM/Pose Estimation, optimization or machine learning
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar infrastructure team for scripts/tools
- Background in sensor fusion
- Background or experience with code optimization
- Excellent knowledge of linear algebra, matrix operations, and non-linear optimization
- Background in gaming
- Experience with Linux
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.