Government Relations Manager - Western Region
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
- Primary point of contact at Cruise for all levels of Government in the western region, with a focus upon Municipal Governments
- Primary point of contact at Cruise for regional Trade Associations, Coalitions, Third-Party Groups and Think Tanks
- Develops with Head of Government Relations- strategic municipal outreach plan to ensure public trust and excitement is present before entry in to market
- Provide weekly reports to Head of Government Relations related to regional activity among outside groups and local governments
- Promote a positive image that facilitates open communication about Cruise Public Policy Goals
- Coordinate across GM Government Relations on initiatives impacting Cruise AV Public Policy in region and with municipal leads
- Represents Cruise at AV events and events where interests aligned with Cruise’s Public Policy agenda are present– with a specific focus on technology industry sponsored events
- Manages Public Policy related visits by lawmakers, staff, and third-party groups to the San Francisco Headquarters and Phoenix Facilities
- Self-starter who can identify a need, and create and execute upon the correct solution
- San Francisco or Phoenix, Arizona based with 50% travel to Western Municipalities
- 3-5 years experience working in Municipal Government, State Government, or an affiliated Economic Development division
- Strong relationships with a cross section of municipalities and an eagerness to engage with city governments
- Ability and excitement to attend multiple evening and weekend events as a brand ambassador for Cruise Government Relations, and proactively seek out opportunities to engage
- Ability to undertake travel requirements needed to successfully perform this role
- Natural networker who enjoys public speaking and working with a wide variety of professionals
- Ability to quickly synthesize and summarize complex legislative activity for internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptional writing abilities
- An understanding of the implications public policy has on the development of driverless cars
- Experience in building strong coalitions across industry and political ideology
- Political campaign experience
- Experience working on progressive issue campaigns
- A passion for driverless cars
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.