Director of Data Services
We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
Our Data Services team works closely with engineering to understand their data needs, and supports a data pipeline to extract and analyze many petabytes of vehicle sensor data, stored on-premises and in AWS.
- Responsible for growing and developing multiple teams of engineers
- Manage and set the direction for our Data Services and Data Infrastructure teams
- Define, architect and implement a highly efficient data pipeline to extract key company metrics
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
- Ensure your teams deliver high output
- Help craft technical and product strategy
- Experience managing multiple, high output teams in Data Services or Data Infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in software or data engineering roles
- Experience managing and understanding petabytes of data
- Experience working with Spark
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.