Mergers & Acquisitions - Business Development
We’re the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient.
Our team is nimble and we move quickly, but have the resources and backing of General Motors.
We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We’re looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
We’re looking for a Head of Mergers & Acquisitions, reporting to the VP of Commercialization, to source, evaluate, and execute M & A transactions and investments for Cruise. You will be expected to be able to lead all aspects of sourcing, transaction evaluation and execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, and negotiation of legal documentation. This is the first hire on the M&A team so you will have the opportunity to build the department from the ground up.
- Actively source potential opportunities for value-accretive transactions for Cruise, including acqui-hire opportunities
- Maintain an up to-date landscape overview of all potential companies and opportunities within relevant industry verticals
- Develop valuation analysis for all potential transactions
- Coordinate and implement due diligence processes or acqui-hire recruiting processes
- Present recommendations to senior level Cruise and GM executives
- Lead negotiations of transaction terms and legal documentation
- 7-10 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment
- Banking (preferably in the M&A group)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong existing network of entrepreneurs, preferably in the automotive or transportation space
- Proven self-starter with the ability to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience in the automotive or transportation space is preferred
- Previous entrepreneurial experience in automotive and / or high-tech industry
- Prior engineering or robotics experience
- Prior military experience
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.