We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise is looking for a Field Engineer to help us build and maintain our onsite data centers supporting our autonomous vehicles.
- Hands-on technical skills to install compute rack, network and cables
- Basic Linux server administration proficiency
- Maintain and troubleshoot various hardware and physical network components
- Perform and/or manage 3rd party vendors for installation of Data Center infrastructure such as rack, power, server, network equipment, cabling and cross-connects
- Manage inventory, update tracking tools and coordinate with suppliers for spare parts
- Document and implement standard operating procedures
- Participate in the change management process
- Initiate and manage RMA processes with equipment vendors
- Must be able to provide 24/7 on call support for emergency and outages
- Occasional work at other SF Bay sites and infrequent domestic travel to help bring up new sites
- Minimum 2-4 year of experience in working with Data Center and Network vendors for coordinating resource provisioning and device installation
- Experience in hands-on installation and troubleshooting server and network equipment
- Experience in DC project management and inventory management
- Experience in dealing with remote hands and Data Center ticketing system
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and should be able to work with complex spreadsheets
- Hard working self starter who can work with very little supervision
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.