San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 55 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Web Engineering at Crunchbase
Our Web Applications teams build the products and services that millions of Crunchbase users rely on. These cross-functional teams are charged with building highly scalable APIs alongside responsive and performant web UIs. They execute on the core features of the Crunchbase product vision, including the Crunchbase profile and discovery features like our search experiences and activity feeds. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be tasked with growing, guiding, and motivating these teams to build powerful products that stand the test of time.
What You'll Do
- Mentoring and coaching engineers and guiding their growth within the organization through clear expectations and frequent feedback
- Working with our amazing recruiting team to grow the team and inspire candidates with the Crunchbase vision and culture
- Collaborating with Product, Design, and Marketing stakeholders to ensure velocity and execution at a sustainable pace
- Working with our internal technical guilds to drive technical excellence goals like improving software quality and keeping technical debt low
- Building a diverse, engaged team with a collaborative and inclusive environment
What We're Looking For
- Solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals and process
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong motivation to build empowered, excited, and productive engineering teams
- 4+ years of Full Stack, Front End, or Back End Engineering experience
- 2+ years of Team Leadership or Management experience
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.