San Francisco, CA
People & Talent
Technical Sourcer (Contract-Hire)
You think you know Crunchbase, but what you don’t know is that we’re more than just a dataset of companies. Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses.
Crunchbase is looking for a highly-organized, articulate, and technically fluent sourcer with prior experience helping startups build their engineering teams. As a Technical Sourcer, you will be tasked with enhancing our ability to identify, assess, and build a network of engineering candidates by communicating the vision of the Crunchbase platform to sought-after candidates in a highly-competitive landscape. The ideal candidate has experience developing a pipeline of active and passive candidates, can help to strengthen our existing hiring processes, and is interested in growing into a full-cycle recruiter role.
People & Talent at Crunchbase
The People & Talent team is responsible for developing and preserving the culture of Crunchbase by engaging and hiring tenacious and diverse people to build the future of the Crunchbase platform.
As a Crunchbase Technical Sourcer you will:
• Partner with engineering and product leaders to thoroughly understand technical positions and recruiting needs
• With Director of People & Talent, develop innovative sourcing strategies to identify qualified candidates for a multitude of engineering and product roles
• Develop bespoke heatmaps for each engineering and product position using Crunchbase Pro
• Utilize Google, LinkedIn Recruiter, Github, StackOverflow, Quora, and other sites to perform boolean searchesBuild trusted and long-term relationships with hiring managers to guarantee a steady stream of qualified candidates
• Create and compose compelling email campaigns that highlight the exciting technical challenges and incredible culture at Crunchbase
• Act as the first point of contact for new candidates and set the tone for the interview process
• Conduct phone interviews with product and engineering candidates, and record detailed summaries of your conversations
• Serve as the company’s cultural gatekeeper, and ensure the preservation of Crunchbase’s core values
• Schedule and coordinate phone and onsite person interviewsMeticulously track and maintain an up-to-date record of candidate pipelines for each engineering and product role
• Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on top-of-the-funnel metrics; including email campaign performance, and open, response, and interest rates
• At least one year of experience in a technical sourcing role, preferably at a small startup or successful technology company in Silicon Valley
• High level of comfort performing boolean searches
• Experience sourcing candidates via LinkedIn Recruiter, Github, StackOverflow, Quora, etc.
• Meticulous organizational skills -- you pride yourself at keeping records up-to-date in real-time
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably with Lever
• Proficiency with Google Docs and Sheets
• Self-motivated, action-oriented personalityIncredibly coachable personality -- you are constantly looking for opportunities to improve your craft and are receptive to feedback
• Previous experience working directly with engineers and product managers, and technical proficiency
• High level of emotional intelligence and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills -- speaking at executive level, both internally and externally, comes with ease
• Candidates must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area
What Crunchbase offers:
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches
• Prime location in the SoMa district of SF, near CalTrain, and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.